JERLUN: Former Kelantan FA president Tan Sri Annuar Musa today said he has no plans to pull out from the race for the post of FA of Malaysia (FAM) president.
Annuar said he has no intention to withdraw his candidacy as no one has come to him and told him quit from the race.
“So far I have no plans to pull out from the contest but there are those who contacted me to voice their support,” he said after the launching the Kedah Umno branches annual general meeting in Alor Biak here today by Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Ahmad Bashah Md Hanipah.
Annuar who will be in a straight fight with Johor Darul Ta’zim football club owner Tunku Ismail Sultan Ibrahim for the FAM president post said the competition is healthy.
“Only 39 people will be deciding on the president post so I don’t see the need to campaign.
“For me, honestly, I don’t really mind if I win or lose because whoever wins the post will have to work harder to improve the Malaysian football,” he said.
The election of main office bearers for the football association will be held during the 51st FAM congress on March 25.