KINABATANGAN: One of the two teenagers found dead in a car at Kampung Jaya Baru here, yesterday, died of carbon monoxide inhalation.
District police chief Superintendant A Sahak Rahmat said a post mortem result on Mohd Fitri Haimin, 19, showed the victim’s death was caused by the poisonous gas.
“The post mortem was conducted at the Kinabatangan Hospital mortuary from 10.40am to 1.30pm.
“Autopsy on the other victim is currently being carried out,” he said.
Yesterday, Mohd Fitri and his friend Mohd Helmi Muhammad, 19, were found unconcious inside a car with its engine still running at Kampung Jaya Baru, here.
In the incident, both victims were lying down in the front passenger seats.
The car was parked by the roadside at the village.
Meanwhile, Mohd Fitri’s uncle, who wished to remain anonymous, said both victims worked at Jereco, Lahad Datu and that they were on their way to Lahad Datu from Keningau.
He added that Mohd Fitri’s body was taken to the Wasatiyyah Mosque near Batu Sapi in Sandakan for prayers before it is laid to rest.