GEORGE TOWN: Ten state executive council members were sworn in at Dewan Sri Pinang here today.
They took their oaths of office before Yang di-Pertua Negeri Tun Abdul Rahman Abbas.
Five new faces comprised the line-up, led by the new Deputy Chief Minister I, Datuk Zakiyuddin Abdul Rahman, who is the Pinang Tunggal assemblyman.
Other fresh faces were Tanjong Bungah assemblyman Zairil Khir Johari; Batu Maung assemblyman Datuk Halim Hussain; Paya Terubong assemblyman Yeoh Soon Hin; and Bagan Jermal assemblyman Soon Lip Chee.
A minor reshuffling and changes to the portfolio of existing executive council members was also announced.
List of the full Penang Exco line-up:
1. Chow Kon Yeow (DAP) Padang Kota
Land affairs, land development, transportation and information
2. Datuk Zakiyuddin Abdul Rahman (PKR) Pinang Tunggal
Islamic affairs, industry development and community relations
3. P. Ramasamy (DAP) Perai
Economic planning, education & human capital development, science, technology and innovation
4. Chong Eng (DAP) Padang Lalang
Women, family, gender inclusiveness and community development
5. Jagdeep Singh Deo (DAP) Datuk Keramat
Local government, housing and urban & rural planning
6. Phee Bon Poh (DAP) Sungai Puyu
Welfare, caring society and environment
7. Dr Afif Bahardin (PKR) Seberang Jaya
Health, agriculture & agro-based industries and rural development
8. Zairil Khir Johari (DAP) Tanjong Bunga
Public works, utility and flood mitigation
9. Datuk Halim Hussain (PKR) Batu Maung
Local & international trade, consumer affairs and entrepreneurship development
10. Yeoh Soon Hin (DAP) Paya Terubong
Tourism development and heritage, culture & arts
11. Soon Lip Chee (DAP) Bagan Jermal
Youth and sports