JOHOR BAHRU: Eleven Johor State Executive Council members took their oaths of office today in front of the Sultan of Johor, Sultan Ibrahim Sultan Iskandar at the Dewan Singgahsana of Istana Besar here.
Leading the list was Menteri Besar Datuk Osman Sapian who will hold the Natural Resources, Administration, Finance and Economic Planning and Development, portfolio.
Johor Parti Amanah Negara chairman Aminolhuda Hassan was appointed as the Executive Chairman of Islamic Affairs and Education while Kota Iskandar assemblyman Dzulkefly Ahmad has been appointed as the Executive Chairman of Housing and Rural Development.
Skudai assemblyman Tan Hong Pin was appointed as the Executive Chairman of Local Government, Science and Technology while Bekok state assemblyman Dr S Ramakrishnan is the Executive Chairman of Consumerism, Human Resources and Unity.
Puteri Wangsa assemblyman Mazlan Bujang meanwhile has been appointed as the Executive Chairman of Public Works, Infrastructure and Transportation while Bukit Batu assemblyman Jimmy Puah Wee Tse is the Executive Chairman of Investment and Utilities.
Johor Jaya representative Liow Cai Tung has been appointed as the Executive Chairman of Women Development Tourism and Semerah assemblyman Mohd Khuzzan Abu Bakar is the Executive Chairman of Youth, Sport and Heritage.
Bukit Kepong assemblyman Dr Sahruddin Jamal has been appointed as the Executive Chairman of Health, Environment and Agriculture while Paloh assemblyman Sheikh Umar Bagharib Ali is the Executive Chairman of Entrepreneurship, Cooperative and Creative Economy.
Sultan Ibrahim in his address reminded the new state government to carry out their duties and responsibilities with honesty and sincerity for the sake of the people.
"All the promises that were made during the general election need to be fulfilled while ensuring that the administration is transparent. The state government must act according to procedure, rules and laws," said Sultan Ibrahim.
The Johor ruler said he would monitor closely every action and decision made by the state government besides providing advice, criticism and opinion to ensure that the interests of the people and the state are taken care of.
"I will not allow anybody to betray my state and my people or try to destroy the unity and prosperity of Bangsa Johor," said Sultan Ibrahim.
He also reminded the Exco members to give their full commitment and cooperation to the Mentri Besar.
"If there are any Exco members who fail to carry out their duties, I hope the Menteri Besar will know how to solve it," said Sultan Ibrahim.
The ruler said the state exco appointments were made not for them to achieve wealth or to 'enrich' party members, but for them to serve with integrity, dedication and fairness.
JOHOR EXCO LIST
1. DATUK OSMAN SAPIAN - Johor Menteri Besar and Executive Chairman of Natural Resources, Administration, Finance and Economic Planning and Development
2. AMINOLHUDA HASSAN - Islamic Affairs and Education
3. DZULKEFLY AHMAD - Housing and Rural Development
4. TAN HONG PIN - Local Government, Science and Technology
5. DR S RAMAKRISHNAN - Consumerism, Human Resources and Unity
6. MAZLAN BUJANG - Public Works, Infrastructure and Transportation
7. JIMMY PUAH WEE TSE - Investment and Utilities
8. LIOW CAI TUNG - Women Development Tourism
9. MOHD KHUZZAN ABU BAKAR - Youth, Sport and Heritage
10. DR SAHRUDDIN JAMAL - Health, Environment and Agriculture
11. SHEIKH ‘UMAR BAGHARIB ALI - Entrepreneurship, Cooperative and Creative Economy